The mempool is the place where your transactions go immediately after you press the send button on your device.
It’s the waiting room before they get processed and added to the blockchain FOREVER!!
How bitcoin works.
- You Create a transaction in your wallet (seed signer)
- You press send in your wallet
- The transaction gets broadcast to your local node.
- The local node transmits it globally to all nodes.
- Now it sits in the mempool waiting to be added to a block.
- Miners find the block with your transaction in it.
- Block added to Blockchain “FOREVER”
For visualisation of this process check out (it’s beautiful 🔶)